Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Laura's Pecan Pie

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with precious family and friends here in the Pacific Northwest. I'm not bragging, but I think we had a pretty spectacular meal(s) with a fresh free range turkey and all the fixings. I even used fresh sage and rosemary from my garden for the stuffing! One of our favorite menu items is always the pecan pie. Thanks to my dear Georgia friend Laura for the recipe!  






3 eggs
1/4 cup soft butter 
1 cup chopped pecans

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup light Karo syrup
1/2 cup sugar
unbaked pie shell

Beat eggs slightly, add butter, sugar, syrup, nuts,
and vanilla.  Mix well. Pour into unbaked pie shell.
Bake in preheated 375 oven for 10 minutes, then turn
oven down to 350 and bake for 50 minutes.

I used the following crust recipe and made two pies -- one for my house and one for a neighbor! 

http://www.joyofbaking.com/PieCrust.html

No comments: