Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My New Security Blanket








I had been wanting to make an infinity scarf so I created this one to crochet. It is fun and simple and not only can it be worn in infinite ways, it can also be made with infinite variations and infinite yarn types. I've already done two for me. The black one is so cozy I don't want to take it off.

The first was made with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK black (2 skeins) and a G hook
It measures about 5 inches wide and 64 inches around. I crocheted 5 flowers from 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet by Lesley Stanfield to embellish it.

The second one with Crystal Palace Waikiki Cool Jazz (2 complete skeins) and an F hook . It measures 4 inches wide and 70 inches around.

base - chain 250 to 300, make sure they are straight and slip stitch to 1st stitch

round 1 - SC in each chain and SS to top of 1st SC

round 2 - chain 5 skip 3 and SC in 4th stitch repeat to end of round

round 3 thru 14 (or desired width) - chain 5 and SC in chain 5 space continue crocheting in the round to desired width
3rd to last round chain 3 and SC in space

15th round - 3 SC in space, 1 SC in SC to end and SS to top of 1st stitch

16th round - chain 1,* DC, SS , DC, SS, in 1st stitch, SS, in 2nd stitch continue to end and SS to first chain

finishing attach to base row chain 1, DC, SS, DC, SS*, in 1st stitch, SS, in 2nd stitch continue to end and SS to first

embellish as desired

You are welcome to use these directions, it's the first time I've tried to write out my own, so I apologize for any mistakes or other sloppiness. Let me know about any glaring mistakes. I would love to see other peoples creations with it.

Also, let me know if I can make you a security blanket scarf of your own. You can make requests on my etsy. Prices will vary depending on yarn and size.

No comments: